1. Panfry the mushrooms in oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add spinach and spring onion. Cook, tossing, for 3 minutes till wilted. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl to cool.
2. Make the dipping sauce by combining soy sauce, oyster sauce and chilli in a bowl.
3. Once the spinach mixture has cooled add the mince, oyster sauce and egg stirring to combine. Then season with salt and pepper.
4. Spoon small amount of mince into each gow gee wrapper, brush edge lightly with water then fold and press edges together to seal.
5. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large flat frying-pan over a medium heat. Add the dumplings flat-side down and turn the heat to high. Fry dumplings until the bottoms turn crisp and golden.
6. Add 1/4 cup of water to the pan and quickly cover with lid. Once water is evaporated, reduce heat and cook for 2 minutes
Serve with dipping sauce and sprinkled with chopped spring onion.